How can I get a Business Insurance quote?
Do I have to buy Business Insurance from you if I get a free quote?
What if someone sues my business? Will a Business Insurance Policy cover me?
Some policies also cover the cost of hiring an attorney and other costs related to defending yourself in court. It’s important to note, however, that a standard business insurance policy won’t cover suits arising from discrimination or harassment. For these, you need an “Employment Practices Liability Policy.”
What types of business insurance coverages are available?
Specific Business Insurance products include:
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial property
- Small Business
- Property and Umbrella
- Worker’s compensation
Do I need really need Business Insurance?
What kinds of business-related property can I insure with a Business Insurance policy?
The following isn’t an all-inclusive list, but provides a fair overview of coverages for which you can use Business Insurance. For specific questions regarding business coverages, contact our offices:
- Buildings and renovations
- Records and documents
- Automobiles, including passenger
- vehicles and industrial trucks
- Construction equipment
- Signs, fences, and other, similar items
- Intellectual properties (e.g., patents, trademarks, etc.)
If I run a business from my home, shouldn’t my homeowner’s insurance cover any business-related losses?
If you’ve made significant investments in computers, fax machines, telephones, file cabinets, etc., you could easily reach and exceed your homeowner’s limits in the event of an unforeseen catastrophe. Even if you’re a one-person business operating out of the home, it’s a good idea to have a separate Business Insurance policy. Plus, your Homeowner’s policy won’t provide any business liability coverage.
What is a Business Owners Policy?
Who does a Small Business Package Insurance Policy cover?
What business types are eligible for a BOP?
Generally speaking, the following types of businesses are best suited for Small Business Package Insurance:
- Repair shops
- Funeral homes
- Hair salons/Nail Salons
- Laundry mats
- Dry cleaners
- Law firms
- Print shops
- Shoe, watch, clock, and jewelry repair shops
What business types aren’t generally suitable for a BOP?
What is Business Umbrella Insurance?
What does an Umbrella Insurance Policy cover?
Umbrella Insurance provides supplementary coverage to standard policies in the event of:
- Business-related personal-injury or property-damage claims arising from negligence by you or anyone legally representing your business
- Business-related personal-injury or property-damage claims arising from an accident caused by hazards on your property
- Business-related liability claims against you for events occurring on or off your property
- Business-related liability claims against you related to an accident in a company-owned vehicle
- Business-related liability claims against you for slander, libel, wrongful eviction, and/or false arrest
Business Umbrella Insurance can also cover legal costs associated with defending yourself in court.